Happy New Year! Its a great time to be alive!
Many of you have replied, in curiosity, about my letter on children being financially independent. What many of you may not know about me, is that I had the awesome privilege, of being a multi-millionaire prior to turning 30. Fortunately I lost it all early. You know what they say, " you learn more from so called failures than so called successes.
Well, I have a nine year old son, who is my world! I have, like many of you, looked around for a fit for what he loves, "gaming & computers mostly". Sound anything like your kid? Its also important to me to teach him responsibility, while at the same time allowing him to enjoy his childhood.
After reading a Forbes article on wasting money, this became even more crucial to me. The article was on college education, versus specialized education. The article also made an excellent point about providing seed capital towards a childs passion, rather than paying for long ineffective years in college. This method takes pressure off of parents, while freeing up money in their personal budgets. Afterall, life and all that comes along with it, begins at birth and not at age 18.
I should state here, that I am all for higher education. If a child wants to be a doctor, lawyer, engineer, etc.... My point is simply , that we live in a new world and forcing a square peg into a round hole is just simply, not very intelligent. How many friends do you have that work in a different field than which they have their degree, but at the same time are struggling with college debt?
What would the world and our economy be like, if from the time your child became interested in games and computers, they also had a way to pay for them? Maybe you are worried that you may have to actually show love instead of buying it? Just a thought. Would they spend college years undecided and,or in a frivolous manor if it were on their own dime?
Consider that colleges are multi-billion dollar corporations. They ill-prepare our children to create any wealth of their own. Let's not even talk about competing with other kids around the globe who are graduating sooner and willing to take much less than your child can even afford to, which is why outsourcing is thriving.
So that I dont ramble on. I invite all who are interested to send me your personal email addresses and I will share with you, what I have found and how its creating amazing results for myself and my son. It's too good to pass up. Take the opportunity, to do something different and create a new result.
I look forward to hearing from you. The choice is always yours.
Yours In Service,
Dewayne
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment